Aloeric Uniform and Presentation Guidelines
We really pride ourselves on having high standards of uniform. A parent survey in 2020 reflected the views of parents saying that Aloeric children really do look smart when dressed in full uniform but the majority felt that ties were no longer needed for the younger children.
Please see the updated expectations below.
- Only wrist watches and small studs for earrings, NO other jewellery. Especially NO MAKE-UP or rings (health & safety issue).
Shirts and Ties:
Reception and Key stage 1 ( Year 1 and Year 2) children should wear white polo shirts and no tie
Key stage 2 ( Year 3, 4, 5, 6) White collared shirt with tie
- Summer Term (after Easter) red polo shirts may be worn ( optional).
Skirts, Dresses & Trousers:
- Grey or black skirt or pinafore with the option of red & white gingham dresses in the Summer term.
- Grey or black trousers with the option of short trousers (in grey or black) in the Summer term.
- Children also have the option of smart, formal culottes in black or grey.
- Please no black jeans, leggings or trainers
Red School Sweatshirt / Cardigan / Fleece:
- Should have the school logo on, however in line with current DFE guidance, this is not essential in all case.
Socks / Tights:
- Socks can be white, black or grey. Tights can be white, black, grey or red.
- Only sensible school shoes in black, brown or navy with ‘flat’ heels (NO trainers / sandals)
- Proper boots (with flat heels) can be worn in place of shoes, when the weather is particularly poor.
PE Kit: It is important that the children still maintain high standards of dress when doing PE, which is also fit for purpose
- Plimsolls, daps or trainers, plain dark blue or black shorts, plain house coloured T-shirts and dark tracksuits for colder weather. Fleece jackets with Aloeric logo are optional.
- NB: when your child is assigned to a house, they will need a T Shirt to match that house:
Aloeric – Green, Harold – Red, William – Blue. If you are in receipt of means tested free school meals we may be able to help with the free supply of these. These do not have to have the Aloeric logo on but they are available at Sportsbug with the logo.
- Please no cropped tops, basketball/ football shirts or hot pants. If a child is dressed inappropriately for PE they will be asked to wear spare kit.
- In line with the high standards of dress and presentation at Aloeric Primary School, pupils are expected to have appropriate hair styles and colours. Therefore, we encourage parents to ensure that their children's hair is smart, practical and suitable for school. Coloured hair or shaved hair with razored patterns and designs is not appropriate during term time.
We have asked a local business in Melksham (Sportsbug) to supply all of our uniform (we will only keep smaller items such as water bottles, book bags and ties on the school premises). The Sportsbug shop can be found on Bank Street, Melksham; they also have a website/online shopping facility at www.sportsbug.co.uk.
We also have a wide range of second hand or nearly new clothing at school.
If you are in receipt of means tested free school meals we do also have a range of PE tops, shorts and fleeces which are free and available on application. This is to ensure that all children are dressed correctly for PE to the same high standard.
Why we wear school uniform
We believe that our school uniform makes the children look very smart and really gives them a work-like appearance they can be proud of. It allows all children to develop a sense of identity and feel part of our community. It allows all children to attend school without the fear of peer pressure to wear the latest fashions. It gives the children a sense of predictability and boundaries. It also removes the inevitable frustrations for all parents and carers who would otherwise have to wait for their child to get dressed each morning should they be allowed to choose their own clothes! We understand that British summers can be unpredictable and should unusually hot weather run into September the children may feel more comfortable in their Summer uniform until the end of the month. By October we would expect all children to be in the Winter uniform.
Thank you for your continued support.